MOWELFUND is the leading film and resource center manned by competent, creative, and compassionate staff, workers, and officers working under a visionary and value-based leadership that contributes to the over-all
improvement of the Philippine Film Industry and the empowerment of the communities it serves.
MOWELFUND aims to develop and uplift the state of Philippine film culture through educational and developmental initiatives, responsive welfare programs, local and international linkages and partnerships, and resource generation.
- WELFARE PROGRAM
To rationalize its welfare program and look for alternative and effective means to address the needs of
- EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
To help uplift the state of Philippine film culture and pursue innovative strategies to support the film industry.
- INTERNATIONAL AND LOCAL LINKAGES AND PARTNERSHIPS
To actively establish linkages and partnerships with local and
international organizations, thus expand its outreach and increase its internal capability.
- RESOURCE GENERATION
To actively undertake resource
generation activities to insure the
sustainability of MOWELFUND and pursue effectively its welfare and educational programs.
- STAFF AND BOARD
To capacitate the human resource and leaders of the organization to enable them to respond effectively to changing environment and the attainment of the vision/mission goals of the organization.
MOWELFUND stands for MOVIE WORKERS WELFARE FOUNDATION, INC., a non-stock non-profit social welfare, educational, and industry development foundation organized and established in 1974.
It was founded by then San Juan Mayor and President of the Philippine Motion Picture Producers Association (PMPPA) Joseph E. Estrada for the
welfare of workers in the Philippine motion picture industry.
It has expanded the Manila Film Festival to become the now-popular Metro Manila Film Festival Philippines (MMFFP) and helped rationalize the movie industry with its contributions in creating agencies like the Film Academy of the Philippines (FAP) and reorganizing the Movie and Television Review and
Classification Board (MTRCB). It has also initiated the campaign against film and video piracy.
MOWELFUND continuously strives to provide aid to movie workers in times of sickness, disability, accident, and death.
MOWELFUND’S MANY MISSIONS
- Services medical, health, and non-life needs of beneficiaries through paid benefits and an Annual Free Clinic
- Provides livelihood training opportunities for members and dependents
- Provides low-cost housing opportunities to qualified members in cooperation with GAWAD KALINGA
- Provides access to data on the Philippine motion picture industry
- Collects and preserves film-related research and archival documents and other significant contributions
- Conducts annual film training workshops through its MOWELFUND FILM INSTITUTE (MFI)
- Provides a homebase for the country’s young filmmakers
- Serves as depository for library, research, and archival documents and other significant contributions
- Creates academic and regional network for outreach programs
- Manages the first-ever Film Museum in the country
- Hard Work
- Honesty & Integrity
*Mowelfund is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
as a non-stock, non-profit welfare Foundation under Registration No. 59015.